Tindora is one of the healthy veggies which is very popular in south India. It is a versatile vegetable which can be combined with different types of spices. It is really easy to make and goes well with rice. Today I present tindora fry.
- Ivy gourd / Tindora – 1/4 kg, cut it in lengthwise
- Sambar powder – 1 tsp
- Rice powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/8 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/8 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – for frying
- Cut the Tindora lengthwise into four as shown below. Add sambar powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder, salt, lemon juice and mix it well. If needed, sprinkle 1 tsp of water.
- Now add Rice flour and mix it well to make the tindora crispy. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Pour oil into a deep bottomed pan and heat it. Add tindora and fry it till it becomes golden brown.
- Transfer the fried tindora in a colander or on a kitchen paper to drain the excess oil.
- Serve hot with rice.