Wheat dosa is a healthy option for diet lovers and can be made in an instant. You can make plain wheat dosa without adding any spices. Here I’ve made a small variation by adding few spices. You can pair it up with coconut chutney, sambar or just with idli milagai podi.
- Wheat flour – 250 g
- Rice flour – 2 tbsp
- Shallots – 3, sliced
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig, chopped
- Cilantro / Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup, chopped
- Ginger – 1 tsp, chopped
- Baking powder – 1 pinch
- Water – 2 1/4 cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
- oil – 2 -3 tbsp.
- In a bowl, mix the wheat flour and rice flour together with 1 pinch of baking powder and 1 tsp of salt.
- Add water to the flour little by little, and mix it well till it becomes a batter.
- Add cumin seeds, pepper powder, curry leaves, cilantro, and mix it well.
- Now add chopped ginger and shallots. Then mix it well once again.
- Heat a griddle (Tawa) and spray some oil on it. Once it gets hot, pour a ladle of batter and spread it in a circular motion evenly and drizzle some oil on top. In a couple of minutes using a wooden or steel spatula flip it over and leave it for another couple of minutes.
- Serve it hot with sambar, chutney or idli milagai podi.
- If the batter is too thick on the next day, you can add 1/2 cup of water and mix it to make the batter loose.