Here I bring to you a Kerala evening sweet which brings back nostalgic memories. My grandma used to make this for us whenever we visited her. This is a traditional dish and is really easy to make.
- Rice Flakes / Thin poha – 3 cups
- Jaggery – 200 g
- Water – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp
- Coconut – 1 cup, shredded
- Cashew nuts – 20 g
- Ghee – 3 tsp
- Add jaggery to 1 cup of water and boil it till it melts completely. Strain it through a sieve to remove impurities.
- To the filtered jaggery syrup, add cardamom powder and rice flakes. Mix it evenly. Then add coconut to it and mix it again.
- In a pan, heat ghee and toast cashew nuts until they become golden.Then add this to the rice flakes and mix it well.
- Always filter the jaggery syrup to remove impurities.
- You can warm up the dish and mash it with banana just before you serve. This will bring out a different taste to the dish.
- You can add extra jaggery if you would like to have sweeter.