I wanted to make some yummy but healthy snacks with simple ingredients that can be made within 10 minutes by blending a few nuts and other ingredients. What I love about this Coconut Dates Energy Bites / Energy Balls recipe is that it is healthy, simple and easy to make and you won’t believe how simple it is!
If you are craving for sweet and are on a diet, this yummy Coconut Dates Energy Bites / Energy Balls will satisfy your sweet tooth.
The awesome thing about this Coconut Dates Energy Bites / Energy Balls is that there is plenty of items to play with it by adding different kinds of nut types like pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts. Adding dates give it a natural sweet taste. To add more taste to this dish, freeze it before serving it.
You can also check my other dates recipes.
I have a bite-sized video to show you how to make Coconut Dates Energy Bites / Energy Balls.
- Dates – 1 cup, pitted
- Almonds – ½ cup
- Pistachio – ½ cup
- Coconut – ¼ cup, shredded
- Vanilla Essence – 1½ tsp
- Coconut – As needed, shredded
- Take almonds and pistachio in a food processor.
- Blend until you get a smooth mixture.
- Once it has been ground well (i.e. make sure there are no chunks). Then add the pitted dates and grind it well. Then add Vanilla essence and grind it again.
- Add coconut to this mixture and blend it again.
- Make small equal-sized balls and keep it aside.
- Take the small balls and roll it in shredded coconut.
- Place it on a plate and then freeze it for at least 30 minutes and serve it.
Coconut Dates Energy Bites / Energy Balls is ready to serve.
- If the dates are too dry, soak them in warm water for 30 minutes to soften and then drain it before grinding.
- Keep the Energy Bites / Energy Balls in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until they firm up.
- You can store this Energy Bites / Energy Balls for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.