Gobi 65 is another version of chicken 65 for veggie lovers. It is a crispy cauliflower fry and is a popular appetizer in Indian restaurants. It goes well with vegetable biryani, vegetable pulao or vegetable fried rice.
- Cauliflower – 1
- Water – 3 cups
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Oil – For deep-frying
For Masala Batter
- Corn flour – 4 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp
- Ginger & Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Yogurt (curd) – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder – a pinch
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Salt – to taste
- Make cauliflower into small florets and wash it. Then boil it in boiling water for 3-5 minutes along with salt and turmeric powder, and then drain the water completely in a colander.
- In a bowl, mix corn flour, pepper powder, red chili powder, ginger & garlic paste, curd, cumin powder, lemon juice, garam masala, curry leaves, baking powder, and salt together by sprinkling some water into a batter consistency.
- Add cauliflower florets to the masala batter and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat enough oil in a pan and deep fry marinated cauliflower florets till they become golden brown.
Serve them hot with Tomato ketchup.
- Use enough oil to deep fry; otherwise, the batter coating will peel off.
- Make sure the batter is thick.