Mushroom Pulao is a simple and quick recipe and is made with simple ingredients with minimal effort. This is great for kids and adults. This recipe is perfect for beginners and can be served with onion raita and papad.
If you try this recipe out, please hashtag your photos with #MozisMenu on Instagram and tag me with @MozisMenu. I love seeing your takes on my recipes!
- Mushroom (White button) – 250 grams, sliced
- Basmati rice – 2 cups
- Onion – 1, sliced
- Green chili – 2, slit
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Coconut milk – 2 tbsp (optional)
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Water – 2 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves – 1/4 cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Fennel seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1 small piece
- Cardamom – 3
- Bay leaf – 1
- Cloves – 3
- Clean and soak the rice in enough water for 30 minutes. Slice onion and mushrooms as shown in the picture.
- Heat oil in a thick deep bottomed pan. Add all the ingredients under ‘To Temper’. Once it starts to splutter, add onions and sauté on a medium flame till it turns transparent.
- Add green chili, ginger-garlic paste and sauté till the raw smell goes away, and add coriander leaves.
- Add the mushrooms and stir for a couple of minutes. Add 2 tbsp of coconut milk and sauté till the mushroom turns almost dry.
- Add the ‘soaked and drained’ rice (from above) and stir it gently by adding salt.
- Add water and lemon juice. Close it with a lid and cook it on medium flame until the water gets absorbed. Switch off the flame, and keep it covered for 15 minutes.
- Here, I’ve used white button mushroom, but you can try this recipe with any other kind of mushroom as well.
- Make sure to not overcook the mushroom.
- Adding Coconut milk enriches the taste.
- If using coconut milk powder, mix 1 tsp of coconut milk powder with 2 tbsp of water.
Mushroom Pulao / Pulav / Pilaf
Based on 1 Review(s)