Carrot Thoran is a simple and delightful Kerala dish. It also takes a part in Onam / Vishu Kerala feast. It is a healthy dish which contains all the nutrients. It is one of the easiest recipes to make.
- Carrot – 2, grated
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut – 1/4 cup, Shredded
- Shallot – 2
- Green chili – 1
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Take the carrots and peel the outer skin; then grate it using a grater.
- In a blender, add the ingredients under ‘ To grind’ and grind it all together and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan and temper the items given under ‘To temper’. Add grated carrot to it and sauté for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder and salt to it, and sprinkle 3-4 tbsp of water and allow it to cook for 5 minutes.
- Finally, add ground coconut and stir it for a minute and switch off the flame.Now it’s ready to serve with hot rice.
- Add a pinch of sugar in the carrot to enhance the taste.
- Stir it in between to avoid burning.
- You can just sprinkle some grated coconut instead of grind it with other ingredients to make it easy on a busy day.