Tomato soup is an easy to make homemade soup. It’s creamy and slightly tangy with just a few ingredients that make it delicious by using fresh or canned tomatoes as the primary ingredient. Nothing says comfort more than a warm bowl of tomato soup. It may be served hot or cold in a bowl and may be made in a variety of ways. I personally prefer it hot. Popular toppings for tomato soup include sour cream or croutons. This tomato soup recipe is for diet food lovers.
- Tomato (ripe) – 2
- Corn starch – 2 tsp
- Garlic powder – 1/2 tsp
- Onion powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder(optional) – 1/4 tsp
- Croutons (optional)- 4-5
- Salt – As needed
- Keep water in a bowl, and once it starts boiling add tomatoes in the water and allows it to boil for 15 minutes.
- Peel the boiled tomato’s skin, cut it roughly using a spoon and blend it using an immersion blender by adding 1/2 cup of water little by little (if using a mixie or blender, let it cool down and blend it.)
- Now strain it using a strainer and boil it again in a deep bottomed pan.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, and salt to tomato puree.
- Dissolve 2 tsp of cornstarch in 4 tsp of water and add it to the tomato soup, and bring it to a boil.
- Transfer it to a bowl. Add croutons and sprinkle some pepper powder.
- You can add sour cream and croutons to make it more delicious
- You can substitute canned tomatoes instead of fresh tomatoes.
- To make Onion & garlic powder: Peel and slice onion and garlic thinly. Dry onion and garlic separately under sunlight till they become light brown. Blend it into powder and sieve it and transfer it into two containers separately.