I needed something really easy to make for today’s post, so I made this veg mayo sandwich. These little sandwiches are so light, simple, and fresh. It could be served as an appetizer, brunch, or main dish. I used very thin white bread and trimmed off the crust. The filling is a creamy blend of yogurt & mayonnaise.
- White bread Slices – 12 (makes 6 sandwiches)
- Yogurt (curd) – 1/2 cup
- Mayonnaise – 4 tsp
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp
- Onion – 1/2 medium, chopped
- Carrot – 1/4 cup, grated
- Capsicum – 1/4 cup, chopped
- Cucumber – 1/4 cup, grated
- Cilantro (coriander leaves) – 1/4 cup, chopped
- Salt – to taste
- Peel carrot and cucumber. Remove the seeds of cucumber and capsicum (as shown in the pictures below). Chop and grate all the veggies.
- Add pepper powder and salt to the veggies, and mix them in a bowl. Add yogurt and mayonnaise, and mix it until creamy and free of lumps.
- Take a bread slice and spread 2 tbsp of the mix (from the above step). Place another bread on top and press it gently.
- Cut off the crusts on all 4 sides, and then cut along the diagonal into two equal pieces. You can serve it along with Tea.