Turmeric Rice / Pilaf / Pulao / Pulav / Yellow Rice is a versatile choice for any platter because of its color and flavor. It is a rich dish with very few ingredients. Different people have different ways of making it. It is a great choice for lunch. You can also check my other Variety rice
I have a bite-sized 2-minute video to show you how to make this Turmeric Rice / Pilaf / Pulao / Pulav / Yellow Rice.
- Basmati Rice – 2 cups
- Water – 3 cups
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Green chili – 2, slits
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Cardamom – 2
- Cinnamon stick – 1 small piece
- Cloves – 3
- Clean and soak the rice for 15 minutes in enough water.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pan. Add the items given under ‘To Temper’. Add green chili, ginger & garlic paste, and saute it till the raw smell goes away.
- Add the soaked and drained rice and stir it. Add turmeric powder, and mix it well (don’t allow to get dry, or else it will get stuck to the bottom).
- Add water and salt and mix it again. Close it with a lid and allow it to cook in medium heat till it gets done.
Turmeric Rice / Pilaf / Pulao / Pulav / Yellow Rice is ready to serve hot.